About Belgian Plants
Belgianplants.com is your first point of contact for getting in touch with the Belgian ornamental plant exporters. The website is an initiative of VLAM, Flanders’ Agricultural Marketing Board, and it coordinates the promotion of the export of Belgian ornamental plants. This is achieved through export support for Belgian horticultural companies and B2B promotion vis-à-vis foreign trade.
Belgian Plants assists Belgian horticultural companies with their export activities. This is done in various ways:
- Organisation of customised contact days.
- Group participation in international trade fairs such as IPM Essen.
- Customised export advice.
- Collection of market information and its dissemination to the grass roots.
The promotion abroad aims to strengthen the image of the Belgian horticultural sector and increase the recognisability of Belgian Plants and the accompanying ‘We Grow Your Way’ export concept. This is done in various ways:
- Trade press campaigns: advertising campaigns in European trade journals to support the image.
- Public Relations: organisation of press trips for foreign journalists.
- Focussing the spotlight on product innovations and other actions on Linkedin.
Members of various trade federations, AVBS (the federation of Flanders’ green industry), ABS (general farmers’ syndicate), BELBEX (Federation of Belgian Tree Nurserymen) and NAVEX (National Association of the Exporters and Traders in Horticultural Products), are united in a working group that determines the strategy and activities of Belgian Plants.
If you have questions or would like advice, these are the colleagues to contact:
- Germany and Northern European market: Koen Vanswijgenhoven, firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 (0)478 08 56 85
- France, UK and Southern European market: Vanessa Ringler, Vanessa.Ringler@vlam.be, +32 (0)473 17 40 72
- Markets worldwide: Gert Causenbroeck, email@example.com, +32 (0)491 86 17 00
- Support in connection with Brexit: Ward Verberck, firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 (0)473 26 94 72
- Market information: email@example.com
Boulevard du Roi Albert II 35, box 50
1030 Brussels, Belgium
+32 (0)2 552 80 11